The Summer Music Camp in Ohrid, under the auspices of Jeunesses Musicales Macedonia, was founded in 1986, consisting of a session of the Youth Chamber Orchestra and the so-called "Youth Podium" - concert presentation of young music talents from the Balkan states. Over the years it has grown into a permanent segment of the Ohrid Summer Festival. Since 1994 the Summer Music Camp has become international, by inviting young musicians from the JM partner organizations, especially from the Balkan region.
Aims and objectives:
- Bringing young musicians in order to play together, learn from each other and compare various music styles, techniques and interpretation methods;
- Meeting different cultures, helping the young people to get familiar with and aware of other people's opinion, behavior, traditions and cultures;
- Effectively train youth leaders and young cultural managers to be able to undertake international youth cultural projects and youth exchanges.
The JMM Summer Music Camp exists for more than 26 years and it consists of various individual segments (organized according to the participants' interests):
- JMM Chamber Orchestra, since 1986;
- Public Music Quiz For Youngsters 1988;
- Piano Seminar (Prof. Boris Romanov), 1996 - 2011;
- Piano for youngsters (Prof. Ljudmila Romanova), 1996 - 2011;
- Violin seminar (Prof. Blagoja Dimchevski), 1997-1999;
- Baroque singing (Prof. Gillemette Lorains, France in 1994 and prof. Sofie Boulain, France in 1996);
- Trumpet seminar (Prof. Blagoj Angelovski) 1998;
- Trombone seminar (Prof. Dimitar Momchilov, Bulgaria) 1998;
- Ethno Camp;
- Modern and classical ballet (1994 - Prof. Michelle Mengual, France - modern ballet; 1997 - Prof. Elisaveta Kusovska - classical ballet and Prof. Francine Depoit, France - modern ballet in co-organization with the INTERART Center Skopje; 1998 - Josiko Cuma, USA and Tanja Vuisic Todorovska - modern ballet);
- International choir week (Prof. Zapro Zaprov 1998-1999);
- Cultural Projects Management (training course in 1984-1990, 1999, 2006, 2008 etc.